Variant: Midnight Bliss (Darkstalkers 3)
My first Darkstalkers cosplay was made due to a request from my boyfriend, Sephygoth; since Darkstalkers is one of his favorite games of all time and he plays it a lot.
He first suggested that I cosplay Midnight Bliss L.Raptor a while ago, and I thought that L.Raptor's design was so awesomely fun looking that I wanted to do so. In a fit of inspiration this summer we both started making the Midnight Bliss character versions although I didn't get to finish it until right before Halloween.
It was really a combined effort between him and I on this cosplay from start to finish.
- Completed: October 2012
- Debut: Halloween 2012
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Time Spent: 55 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $?? (approx.)
- Materials Used: Lycra-Spandex, Leather, Resin, Sculpey
- ♥~Bra Top~♥ I altered & cover a bra that was close to the right style but the band was way too big. It was a learning experience since the spandex kept trying to deform the cup but through a lot of trial & error I got it to work. I had to draft the pattern for the back part and it was a tricky bugger to get just right. The first pair of straps were custom-colored by Sephygoth. The second pair of bra-straps were custom-colored, customized, and assembled by me to achieve the proper look.
- ♥~Shorts~♥ I patterned the shorts and made the shorts from a high-quality purple lycra-spandex, half a snap, and a custom dyed zipper.
- ♥~Armlets & Thigh-High's~♥ I used the patterns I had drafted for Morrigan's tights and altered them into thigh-high's. I used the same high-quality Lycra-spandex for all the purple pieces of this cosplay. For the sake of time Sephygoth helped with the initial sewing and I did the finishing work.
- ♥~Blue Bodysuit & Gloves~♥ Made entirely by Sephygoth with his awesome bodysuit making techniques! ♥♥♥ I shaped & affixed the nails.
- ♥~Fingerless Gloves~♥ Sephygoth found a pair of simple black fingerless gloves in his stash that fit me and I added the buckles.
- ♥~Choker #1~♥ I bought a black spiked leather choker online.
- ♥~Choker #2~♥ I bought a black leather choker online and added the spikes to it.
- ♥~Belts~♥ The arm & leg belts were made from these fantastic glitter belts I found. I cut them all to length, edge-finished, and added buckles that matched the ones I used on the gloves. The belt around my hips was a leather belt I got from Target that I cut-down to my size and punched holes in for the buckle.
- ♥~Spike Shinguard~♥ Made entirely by Sephygoth!
- ♥~Boots~♥ I bought a pair of boots that looked accurate on eBay and then I added all the spikes.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I used a Long Paigeboy as the base which I removed almost all the wefts so that I could re-assemble all the wefts for the perfect base. I also added in an entire Punky wig's wefts to add to the fullness. All the wefts were hand-sewn in since it was too difficult to send it through the sewing machine.
- Brand: Lacey
- Style: Long Paigeboy & Punky
- Color: Orange
- Styling Time: 30 hours (approx.)
Once all the wefts were in place I razor-cut all the layers and spikes in. I sharpie tinted the wig to have an accurate color and lastly I styled the spikes in.