Variant: "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Merry Christmas" CD
I've always wanted to cosplay as Usagi from Sailor Moon, in fact she was the first character I ever wanted to cosplay, and this was the first time I got to do so in public.
The version I choose was her outfit from the Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Stars Christmas CD.
NOTE: I made this cosplay in literally about 2 days since I was in finals at the time surrounding the event.
- Completed: December 2006
- Debut: Boston December Cosplay Ice-Skating Event 2006
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time Spent: 20 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $40 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Velveteen, Double-face Satin Ribbon, Faux Fur, Marabou Feathers, Metal Findings
- ♥~Dress~♥ Sephygoth picked-up the red velveteen material for the dress while out fabric shopping, I had the white faux-fur for the collar and cuffs from leftover from my KiriKiri Mai plush, and the bottom hem trim and fluffy buttons were made from a marabou boa I got in Boston. Luckily the dress was straightforward and simple to make the most frustrating thing was that the fabric kept fraying and I had to use multiple methods to make it stop.
- ♥~Hair Bows~♥ I added ribbons to the odangos because I thought it would be cute to have flowing ribbons in my hair while I ice-skated. (Both ribbons were fray-checked to prevent fraying.)
- ♥~Earrings~♥ I wore a pair of Faux-pearl earrings I got from Claires in the mall.
- ♥~Gloves~♥ I wore a pair of red velvet winter gloves so that my hands wouldn't freeze, although I wish I had done more than just gloves and a bunch of tights to stay warm.
- ♥~Boots~♥ I wore a simple pair of black boots that I added fluffy marabou trim to the top of.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I style my real hair to achieve the look of Sailor Moon's hair
- Styling Time: 10-30 minutes (approx.) each time