Variant: Casual Outfit
I love so many of Usagi's casual looks; they are fun & usually fairly "simple" and comfortable cosplays to pull off. Less than a week before I left for Katsucon 2012, I stumbled upon the perfect colored pink hoodie and I was pretty much obligated to piece this cosplay together while I was finishing up work on all my other cosplays.
- Completed: February 2012
- Debut: Katsucon 2012
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time Spent: 5 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $35 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Stretch Poplin, Knit Fleece, Cording, Cotton Tights
- ♥~Pink Hoodie~♥ I found & bought the perfect pink hoodie at the mall and altered it to fit me properly, since it was super over-sized in the torso (think 80's crop-top style). I then switched out the draw-string tie for a white one and added the plastic sliders.
- ♥~Black Jumper~♥ I found a fantastic second-hand black jumper for super cheap. I had to take up the hem to the right length since it was too long; as well as having to take in the sides in order for it to fit me better.
- ♥~Earrings~♥ They are genuine simple pearl earrings with sterling silver posts that I purchased specifically for my Usagi cosplays. I love how they look! I found them at a local shop and they were actually affordable which is what surprised me the most.
- ♥~Tights~♥ I totally lucked out finding the pink tights at a local store. They're a nice knitted pair so nice and just a little warm, great for chilly weather.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ I already owned the Mary-Jane style shoes.
- ♥~Luna~♥ I sometimes will carry around the plush Luna I altered for my ep6 Usagi.
She was made from a pre-existing inexpensive plush I found Online. I took apart the plush, added a pose-able skeleton to it, then re-stuffed & reassembled it, painted the pinks of the ears, and attached a crescent moon I sculpted, which is removable.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I style my real hair to achieve the look of Sailor Moon's hair
- Styling Time: 10-30 minutes (approx.) each time