Variant: Main Outfit (Advent Children)
Main Outfit (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Alt Outfit (Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy)
When I played FF7, I fell in love with it; and greatly due to the scene where Cloud's memory is pieced back together I wanted to cosplay Tifa.
She is so strong yet caring and cheerful; she believes in Cloud and gives him the benefit of the doubt no matter what. I felt a strong connection to Tifa as I played through the game, so it only makes sense. Also now having seen Advent Children, it only makes me want to cosplay her even more.
I had already made her game version when I decided to make this cosplay but also chose to make her AC version since it's a bit more winter con friendly, and it's also a ton more comfy.
- Completed: February 2006
- Debut: Katsucon 2006
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 20 hours
- Estimated Cost: $90 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Linen Look-alike, cotton, Ribbon, Faux-Leather, Lycra-Spandex
- ♥~Black Top~♥ The black top is made from stretch faux-leather material with a real metal silver colored zipper and I drafted the pattern for it so that it would fit properly.
- ♥~White Undershirt~♥ The white undershirt is a Lycra-spandex tank-top.
- ♥~Bottoms~♥ The shorts are made from a cotton-blend complete with a functional fly and two loops at the bottom of each leg for the ribbons. I initially made the ribbons on the bottom of the shorts out of the same fabric as the shorts but later switched it out for some nice 2" black double-face satin ribbon.
The butt-cape, which is attached to the pants is made from a coarse weave linen-lookalike fabric which was doubled over since it was a little too see-through otherwise, it looked just like the texture in the reference pictures. I completely patterned it from scratch and the bottom part of it is box-pleated which gives it just the right look.
- ♥~Apron~♥ Made from the same material as the butt-cape, I also drafted the pattern for this, and once I realized that it was based on a waitress's apron the pockets in the front made sense. I used a small silver buckle for the side since that was what it looked like it was in the reference pictures and 6 giant buttons that I hand-sewed onto the front.
- ♥~Earrings~♥ I hand made the earrings at a local bead/jewelry store, they are sterling silver.
- ♥~Pink Ribbon~♥ The pink ribbon is ¼"wide Swiss double-faced satin ribbon in a dusty rose that was fray-checked.
- ♥~Gloves~♥ The gloves are just simple black leather gloves.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ Basic knock-off chuck's that have been re-laced with 1½" gross-grain ribbon that was fray-checked.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I had to re-part the wig since it came with a center part. I had to change it to a side part which I did by heat training the fibers.
- Brand: Beverly Johnson
- Style: Jazzelle
- Color: 2
- Styling Time: 30 minutes (approx.)