Variant: Outfit 3/Time Jump (Manga)
I love cosplaying Temari so much and sometimes when doing several cosplays in one day during a con it can be a bit of a pain to get in and out of her second outfit, so I decided to make her Time Jump outfit for a bit simpler alternative.
The costume was wonderful in the hot weather and extremely comfortable in general, plus it was nice not having to carry my fan but actually using the holster to carry it around in.
I loved how this costume came out, I found a perfect fabric to line it with, since the colored picture had her yukata completely lined in blue. The holster also came out wonderfully and actually functions properly.
- Completed: August 2006
- Debut: Otakon 2006
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 10 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $38 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Linen, Bottom-weight, Twill, Cotton, Lycra-spandex, Duck, Metal
- ♥~Yukata~♥ I made it out of black linen and fully lined with a medium-dark blue cotton. It was pretty simple to make and super comfy to wear.
- ♥~Sash~♥ I made it out of the same burgundy bottom-weight material I used for my other Temari cosplay's sash.
- ♥~Fan Holster~♥ Made of the same burgundy bottom-weight material as the sash, complete with a custom covered button. It was a custom pattern that I made based on the reference pictures I had. It's fully functional and dose a great job holding my fan.
- ♥~Gloves~♥ The gloves are simple fingerless gloves that I made out of nylon-spandex.
- ♥~Hair Ties~♥ I purchased them from a local store and I totally lucked out finding ones that matched the color of my shirt.
- ♥~Fishnets~♥ The fishnets are altered from regular fence-net fishnets. I use a real garter-strap to hold the upper ones up.
- ♥~Forehead Protector~♥ I made the cloth part out of black twill and the metal part was from an official forehead protector that I took apart.
- ♥~Ninja Sandals~♥ Made from a base pair of sandals and black twill, reinforced at the heel. I made a custom pattern just for myself to make them.
- ♥~Tessen (Fan)~♥ The fan is made with a light-weight wood, a bolt, and paper. All the wood is properly sanded and painted with a high-gloss paint to mimic the metallic reflectivity of Temari's fan. The paper is glued on with a high-grade glue, and I hand painted on her three "stars" with a high-quality watercolor for a more natural look.
I love the sound it makes when I open it.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I use my real hair to style Temari's hair since I like how it looked way better than the wig I parted. It took several different techniques for me to finally settle one that I really loved.
- Styling Time: 10-20 minutes each time (approx.)