Variant: Battle Uniform
Even before I started watching Bleach, my friend, Shadow Chaser, said that if I like the series and wanted to cosplay from it there were two pairs of characters we must do, because they suit us both so well, one of which was Soi Fong and Yoruichi. Also LousyItachi spoke of how awesome she was and described her zanpaktou, and I became rather fond of the idea of an awesome zanpaktou like hers. So after much friendly badgering by them both (Shadow Chaser had already been working on me for several months) I broke and decided I had to cosplay her. This was only confirmed as I watched the series and finally got to the episodes involving those two, I was completely convinced that I must cosplay her and Shadow Chaser must do Yoruichi, which sadly never came to pass.
- Completed: January 2006
- Debut: Ohayocon 2006
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 20 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $175/285 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Poly-Cotton blend, Stretch Poplin, Twill, Bottom Weight
- ♥~Top~♥ I made this top in less than a week during finals. I mad the two parts separate and then joined them together to help expedite dressing. The black is a really nice Poly-Cotton blend that matches the hakama and the white is a stretch poplin.
- ♥~Haori~♥ I did actually make the captain's jacket, although I do not have any pictures of it. I made it from a white twill and lined it with an orange cotton. The symbol and pattern are painted on.
- ♥~White Sash~♥ A simple stand-alone rectangular sash that I made from white stretch poplin.
- ♥~Yellow Sash~♥ A simple stand-alone rectangular sash that I made from yellow bottom-weight fabric.
- ♥~Hakama~♥ They were purchased because the cost of making them compared to the cost of purchasing them weighed with the time I actually had to make them made this the logical choice.
- ♥~Armlets~♥ Made from a black Lycra spandex, trimmed with a cotton bias tape to add the right shape to the part that goes over the hand.
- ♥~Stirrups~♥ Made from the same Lycra spandex as the armlets.
- ♥~Tabi Socks~♥ The tabi socks were purchased from a local martial arts store. I know she doesn't wear the tabi socks but they're just so comfy I didn't wanna be left out...
- ♥~Shoes~♥ The Kung-fu shoes were originally purchased from a local martial arts store. I did eventually replace my initial pair with a more accurate looking all black pair of shoes.
- ♥~Suzumebachi~♥ I made it from sheet metal, a chain, and various other materials. Suzumebachi Version 1.0 Debuted: Katsucon 2006
- ♥~Wig~♥ I made the hair tails by hand from scratch and added them I to a short flippy wig. The rings on the end of the tails are real metal.
- Brand: ???
- Style: ???
- Color: 1B
- Styling Time: 3 hours (approx.)