Variant: Sailor Moon - Velvet
Ever since I completed Eternal Venus and loved just how it looked, I had been determined to remake Sailor Moon in the same style. I plan on making the manga-style accessories to go with it since the flowy-fluffiness of the velvet skirt reminds me so much of the manga design.
- Completed: August 2011
- Debut: Dragon*con 2011
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 30 (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $45 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Regular Lycra-Spandex, Velvet-Spandex, Moleskin, Casa Satin, Velvet Ribbon, Resin
- ♥~Senshi Fuku~♥ I started from scratch with this fuku. The main part is made from a high quality White Spandex and Blue Stretch Velvet. I used my updated skirt and collar pattern that I developed for Eternal Venus and I touched-up my base bodice/leotard pattern to accommodate the new collar design as well as altering for a look/fit closer to Eternal Venus's. I used the same methodology for both the hip-roll and sleeve-rolls as I did for my other incarnation of classic Sailor Moon but I did try to improve on the designs of both parts.
- ♥~Gloves & Glove Rolls~♥ The gloves are fresh but the glove rolls are still the ones I made for my Super Sailor Moon cosplay, they're a bit big but rather that then too small.
I also worked to improve the bows since I wasn't entirely happy with how they came out on my previous Sailor Moon cosplay. Both the front and back bows were remade from my newly made bow methodology. The front I made the same as Eternal Venus', but the back bow was a reworking of a more basic bow pattern I made; both are made with Red Casa Satin.
I opted for 2 lines on the collar from the Anime ver. as opposed to 3 from the Manga ver. mainly because the specialty embroidery thread I chose for the stripes was a huge pain to work with and was continually breaking & misbehaving; I was just barely able to make the 2 stripes.
- ♥~Brooch~♥ I sculpted and cast the broach, & the the gems.
- ♥~Odango Shields~♥ I sculpted the original from Sculpey and then made a mold & resin cast the two odango shields embedding the attachment method into the resin to make it more secure. I used a combination of translucent resin and opaque resin mixed with glitter to get the right look.
- ♥~Earrings~♥ I sculpted the moon earrings and then used some faux pearls and earring studs to make the earrings. I absolutely love how the earrings came out. In most pictures they look like they're floating, which makes me so happy.
- ♥~Choker~♥ The choker was made from some velvet ribbon and a resin moon that I sculpted then cast out of resin.
- ♥~Boots~♥ I re-used the boots I had made for my Super Sailor Moon cosplay. The boots are actually permanently attached boot covers: the moons are embroidered on, and the soles are covered in a tan leather for traction and to match her boots.
- ♥~Crescent Wand~♥ My wand is the official toy since I ran out of time to finish the one I was making.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I style my real hair to achieve the look of Sailor Moon's hair
- Styling Time: 10-30 minutes (approx.) each time