Variant: Winter Dress (Episode 12)
I wanted to make a version of a character for the ice-skating event that I would not freeze in like the previous year, so while re-watching "Chrono Crusade," I reached the Christmas episode and saw that she had two different outfits specific to Christmas/winter time. One was similar to what I had made for last year so it was out, but the other was long and looked like polar fleece (albeit not very historically accurate, but incredibly warmer, it was more likely intended to be wool, which is incredibly itchy and expensive). I went with the polar fleece to construct it.
It was to appear at the Boston December Ice-Skating event 2007, but the event got canceled due to inclement weather >_< So it debuted at Boston December Ice-Skating event 2008.
- Completed: December 2008
- Debut: Boston December Cosplay Ice-Skating Event 2008
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time Spent: 8 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $24 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Polar Fleece, Rattail, Pompoms
- ♥~Dress~♥ The dress was also made from navy polar fleece and the sleeve cuffs were made from the white polar fleece. The dress was pretty basic and I made the pattern based off several I had in my stash.
- ♥~Shawl~♥ The shawl was made from a navy polar fleece with white accenting and an invisible zipper with a visible pull made from white satin rat tail cording & pompoms. I added in some drapery weights to help it drape better since the polar fleece was too light and looked odd otherwise.
- ♥~Nun Veil & Headband~♥ I made a Nun's veil, like what Rosette wears in the episode for accuracy, but I also made a cute matching headband to actually keep my ears warm. Both were made from the same navy & white polar fleece I used for the rest of costume.
- ♥~Gloves~♥ The mittens were also made from the white polar fleece to match the mittens she wore with the outfit, as well as to keep my hands warm. They were made at the last minute on a caffeine buzz the night before I wore this cosplay XD (mmmm...quad-shot extra white-chocolate mocha...mmm)
- ♥~Boots~♥ I used my Rosette boots.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I had to cut the wig down to the proper length, slightly layering it in the process, and then I had to style in her two little pigtails.
- Brand: Mona Lisa
- Style: Pamela
- Color: 24B
- Styling Time: 2 hours (approx.)