Variant: Op16 - "Growing of My Heart" by Mai Kuraki
I have a thing for the navy/periwinkle color combo. This, added to the fact that Ran is one of my favorite characters, made me wanna make this cosplay even more. This is such a comfy cosplay and it is much fun to wear... even though no one really knows who I am cosplaying.
- Completed: May 2009
- Debut: Anime Boston 2009
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time Spent: 10 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $51 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Suiting, Twill, Jet-Set, Leather, Metal Findings
- ♥~Top~♥ I used a jet-set periwinkle material to make the turtleneck.
- ♥~Vest~♥ The vest is made out of cream suiting with 3 functional metal buckles and real leather straps that I made from leather scraps that I had left over from other works.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ The skirt is a simple fitted skirt with box pleats that I made out of a navy twill.
- ♥~Boots~♥ The trickiest bit was figuring out what to do for the shoes since I had no clear shots of them for a while. Once I found some, I saw that they were slightly loose boots, and I lucked into a pair at a thrift store that were the perfect color and size!
- ♥~Wig~♥ I just had to pull a few strands back to replicate her hairstyle, although I did forgo the "hair horn" because it looked really awkward and bad when I made it accurate, so I removed it.
- Brand: Manhattan Style
- Style: Sailor
- Color: 4
- Styling Time: 5 minutes (approx.)