Variant: In Disguise as a Shinigami
When I was first watching Bleach, I felt a connection to Orihime; some of the similarities were a little freaky. I chose to do the "in-disguise" version since I already had the hakama from my Soi Fong cosplay, and I since I had cosplayed as Hitsugaya, I already had the tops and sash made.
- Completed: October 2006
- Debut: Bakuretsucon 2007
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time Spent: 5-10 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $31 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Poly-Cotton blend, Stretch Poplin, Twill
- ♥~Shitagi & Kosode~♥ I made the Shitagi from a really nice black Poly-Cotton blend that matches the hakama and the Kosode is made from a nice white stretch poplin. They were really simple to make and are very long. The white under-layer shirt was lined.
- ♥~Faux Hakama-himo/Sash~♥ A simple stand-alone rectangular sash that I made from white twill.
- ♥~Hakama~♥ They were purchased because the cost of making them compared to the cost of purchasing them weighed with the time I actually had to make them made this the logical choice.
- ♥~Tabi Socks~♥ The tabi socks were purchased from a local martial arts store.
- ♥~Sandals~♥ The sandals were found locally although they are not 100% accurate. I tried to make a pair but they came out way too small.
- ♥~Hair pins~♥ They are official US release merchandise.
- ♥~Hair Clip~♥ I found a purple rectangular clip in the clearance bin at Claire's.
- ♥~Wig~♥ It's a wig and a modified ponytail clip. I removed the original claw from the ponytail clip and added in a smaller one, the size of the bump bellow the hair-clip, I then attached the hair-clip to the ponytail. The base wig was partially pulled back and the clip was attached to the proper place on the back of the wig.
- Brand: ???
- Style: ???
- Color: 27
- Styling Time: 1 hour (approx.)
I have no clue what brand the wig is since it's from a local shop and it doesn't have a tag.