Variant: School Uniform (Fall/Winter)
While watching "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" I initially deiced that I had to cosplay Haruhi, but at the same time wanted to also cosplay Mikiru, since she was more in line with the types of characters I prefer to cosplay, and after going through my wigs I discovered that the wig I had previously purchased for Orihime would make a wonderful Mikuru wig as well, and since I was already making the school uniform for Haruhi, it could obviously double for Mikuru as well. Eventually I did end up replaced the wig with a nicer new one.
- Completed: February 2007
- Debut: Anime Expo 2007
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 10-20 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $60 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Twill, Cotton, Belting, Metal Findings
- Both the light blue and medium fabric for the skirt and collar were a custom dyed by me from white twill since I couldn't find any fabric even close in color to what I needed.
- ♥~Shirt~♥ The base shirt was a fairly simple to make, I just modified a basic shirt pattern I had. I made the sailor collar pattern entirely from scratch and it gave me quite a lot of trouble initially, but in the end I like how it came out. The "necktie" is made from a burgundy cotton and is fully functional, not that it serves any other function than being tied in a cute bow.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ The skirt was a simple box pleating job. Tho, it took longer than it should have cause I had to take in several times so that it could sit on my waist like it was supposed to and follow the curves of my figure as opposed to hiding them. The belt loops were installed where the reference material showed them and they are actually fully functional.
The dark red-purple line on the collar & cuffs was made with bias tape that I had to hand dyed to match the reference and the embroidery on the plaquet. I hand embroidered the "N" on the plaquet of the collar.
- ♥~Belt~♥ The belt was made from cover-able belting that was covered to match. A basic silver metal buckle and matching eyelets were added to complete the look and add stability so that the belt is actually functional.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks are standard cuff-able white socks I bought at a store down the street.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ The shoes are my basic brown school-girl loafers that I've used for several of my school girl cosplays.
- ♥~Wig~♥ The wig just needed some brushing, but it was pretty much ready to go right out of the bag.
- Brand: Modu
- Style: Cleo
- Color: 27
- Styling Time: 5 minutes