Variant: Vizard (Manga)
I decided to do this cosplay after Porkbuns IM-ed me asking what my cosplay plans for Otakon were and if I were wiling to do Hiyori for the Bleach Photo shoot on Saturday. After looking at pictures I decided that I did indeed want to cosplay her, plus it wouldn't prove too difficult since most of the items I already owned or could buy and alter existing clothing pieces.
She was a character I had never though about actually cosplaying yet I was rather excited by the prospect of doing so.
- Completed: July 2006
- Debut: Otakon 2006
- Difficulty: Very Easy
- Time Spent: 5-10 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $29 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Stretch Cotton blend
- ♥~Jacket & Pants~♥ I purchased a jacket & matching pants on clearance from a local store, I even bought a pair of super large white pants made from the same material but in white to make the detailing from. I altered the jacket & pants to fit properly and added the white detailing including permanent cuffs on the pants.
- ♥~Shirt~♥ I already owned a simple white tank-top.
- ♥~Sandals~♥ I already owned a pair of flip-flops that looked like hers.
- ♥~Hair Bands~♥ I had a pair of matching thick red hair-bands that came in the same pack that I had gotten for a white hair-band I was using for a commission I was making at the time.
- ♥~Bobby Pins~♥ I already had them in my wig kit.
- ♥~Kubikiri Orochi~♥ As for the sword, I didn't have time to make one so I bought a dollars-store one in Chinatown and painted it with enamel paint to make it look less chintzy.
- ♥~Hair~♥ I styled my hair up using the same techniques that I used for Temari.
- Styling Time: 5-10 minutes (approx.)