Variant: School Uniform
I have wanted to make this costume since I watched Escaflowne back in 2004, but it just kept getting delayed until Anime Boston 2006 for which I was asked to have it done for chess, and this gave me enough motivation to work on it. I ended up cospalying Hitomi with my friend, Shadow Chaser, as Van (this had been our original plan for Anime Boston 2004, but due to various circumstances didn't happen).
It still needs a bit of work, but overall I was fairly pleased with how it came out.
- Completed: May 2006
- Debut: Anime Boston 2006
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 15 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $89 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Twill, Cotton
- ♥~Jacket~♥ I made the jacket from a tan twill and a brown twill. The stripes on the sleeves and collar were white bias tape, and the buttons were covered to match and functional too. The jacket was a little tricky since this was my first real attempt at making a sailor collar.
- ♥~Shirt~♥ I already owned a plain white button-down shirt.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ The skirt was a simple pleated skirt made from matching brown twill.
- ♥~Bow~♥ My first bow was a rush last minute saving move made by Shadow_Chaser while I finished up the skirt in the hotel room on a tiny portable sewing machine right before I was supposed to wear it. The second one was made by me out of some scraps of cotton replacing the first one.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks are standard white slouchy socks I bought at a store down the street.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ I had a pair of white sneakers; while they weren't 100% I was still really happy with them.
- ♥~Pendant~♥ I made the pendant from some beads and findings at a local bead-store.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I just sprayed the fiddly-bits with hairspray and let them dry around curlers.
- Brand: unknown
- Style: unknown
- Color: 30
- Styling Time: 10 minutes (approx.)