Variant: Outfit 1 Cute Winter Version
I added cute accessories to my Hinata cosplay make it suitable for the Boston December ice skating event, since it is by far my warmest cosplay to date.
- Completed: December 2005
- Debut: Boston December Cosplay Ice-Skating Event 2005
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 40 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $165 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Upholstery Weight Twill, Faux-Fur, Twill, Duck, Polar-Fleece, Metal
- ♥~Jacket~♥ The jacket is made from a heavy-weight twill and is a good spring/fall jacket on it's own. XD It has a fully functional metal zipper and draw-string hood. I made the pattern for it by altering together several patterns. The fluff was mostly hand stitched on. For the patches, I drafted the pattern based on my reference pictures and then I hand embroidered both of them and I love how they came out.
- ♥~Shirt~♥ I purchased a white v-neck knit shirt and I custom dyed it and then I hand stitched fishnet in place.
- ♥~Pants~♥ I hemmed up a pair of navy colored pants I found at a thrift store to make her capris and then added on athletic tape to the right leg under where the kunai pouch goes.
For the winter version I made a second coat out of tan polar-fleece that acted as a warm lining.
- ♥~Winter Headband~♥ I made the headband out of lavender, purple, & navy polar-fleece. I adjusted the packaged pattern to accommodate my head while I was wearing a wig.
- ♥~Scarf~♥ I made a simple scarf out of purple polar-fleece.
- ♥~Mittens~♥ I made matching mittens from the mitten pattern that came with the headband pattern.
- ♥~Leg-Wamers~♥ I made leg-warmers to keep my legs warm since Hinata has capri pants. I made the leg-warmers out of matching purple polar-fleece. I drafted my own leg-warmer pattern off of a pair of my jeans.
- ♥~Kunai~♥ The kunai props are official merchandise I purchased at convention.
- ♥~Kunai Pouch~♥ I developed a pattern for the kunai pouch from scratch, and it's actually a functional pouch. I made it out of some black duck.
- ♥~Back Pouch~♥ I developed a pattern for the kunai pouch from scratch, and it's actually a functional pouch. I made it out of some natural duck.
- ♥~Forehead Protector~♥ I made the cloth part out of navy blue duck, to match the sandals. and the metal part was from an official forehead protector that I took apart.
- ♥~Ninja Sandals~♥ Made from some basic summer sandals and navy blue duck. I created the pattern for these all on my own. The top part and the base sandals are permanently attached with shoe repair adhesive. (All edges are finished cause duck likes to fray.)
- ♥~Medicine Bottle~♥ The medicine bottle was a bottle I found in Chinatown and I painted it the right color.
- ♥~Wig~♥ I started with a Lulu in Femme (light purple) which I cut to the proper tapered back with face-framing bits. To dye it I used a mix of 2 of Katie Bair's dyes but when that didn't darken it enough I had to supplement with a custom-mixed sharpie dye to finish the job. It was a challenge because it was the first time I ever had to make my own custom dye.
- Brand: Amphigory
- Style: Lulu
- Color: Femme (Light Purple)
- Styling Time: 7 hours (approx.)