Variant: School Uniform (Fall/Winter)
After Nikolai showed me the first episode and a half of the series (while sitting on the steps of AnimeNEXT 2006) I decided that I needed to cosplay Haruhi and after watching the fourth episode it was something that I had to do ASAP and since he had already cosplayed Kyon we decided to try to get a group together for Otakon 2006, unfortunately I was unable to finish the costume in time for Otakon so after several postponements it finally debuted at Katsucon 2007 and at Anime Boston 2007 we had a decent sized group (we were only were missing a Itsuki).
- Completed: February 2007
- Debut: Katsucon 2007
- Difficulty: Normal
- Time Spent: 10-20 hours (approx.)
- Estimated Cost: $60 (approx.)
- Materials Used: Twill, Cotton, Belting, Metal Findings
- Both the light blue and medium fabric for the skirt and collar were a custom dyed by me from white twill since I couldn't find any fabric even close in color to what I needed.
- ♥~Shirt~♥ The base shirt was a fairly simple to make, I just modified a basic shirt pattern I had. I made the sailor collar pattern entirely from scratch and it gave me quite a lot of trouble initially, but in the end I like how it came out. The "necktie" is made from a burgundy cotton and is fully functional, not that it serves any other function than being tied in a cute bow.
- ♥~Skirt~♥ The skirt was a simple box pleating job. Tho, it took longer than it should have cause I had to take in several times so that it could sit on my waist like it was supposed to and follow the curves of my figure as opposed to hiding them. The belt loops were installed where the reference material showed them and they are actually fully functional.
The dark red-purple line on the collar & cuffs was made with bias tape that I had to hand dyed to match the reference and the embroidery on the plaquet. I hand embroidered the "N" on the plaquet of the collar.
- ♥~Belt~♥ The belt was made from cover-able belting that was covered to match. A basic silver metal buckle and matching eyelets were added to complete the look and add stability so that the belt is actually functional.
- ♥~Socks~♥ The socks are standard black knee-high socks I bought at a store down the street.
- ♥~Shoes~♥ The shoes are my basic brown school-girl loafers that I've used for several of my school girl cosplays.
- ♥~Wig~♥ It's the same wig I use for all of my Haruhi cosplays. A cute little wig in that came in almost the perfect style out of the bag, obtained in downtown Philly and I've long lost the tag. I just had to trim the bangs and sew on Haruhi's signature ribbons, which I made pre-tied of course.
- Brand: Unknown
- Style: Unknown
- Color: 4
- Styling Time: 1 hour